Wednesday, September 29, 2010

A holy moment

Dear ca nha,

Like most day (recently), I tried to spend sometime at mass during lunch time at a nearby church. Without fail, as noon time approached, I often find myself struggling to go and be with our Lord. There were often different form of temptation or distraction that keep getting in the way. Sometime, I was able over come the temptation and sometime I failed.

Today, I started to notice the temptation to skip mass stirring in me around 11:30am. I overcame it and headed out to church, but "than du" was not letting go that easily. It tempted me every step of the way. First, was the rain. I thought to myself, Lord, I tried to get to church but I don't have an umbrella or a jacket, I am going to get all wet and possibly sick then I can't take my kids camping this weekend. God called me gently with the tolling of the bell. I stepped out into the rain. Well, it wasn't bad, just a few drops. About a block into my walk to church, I started to feel more rain was coming down. "See, I told you that you will all wet... you are going to get sick if you don't get out of the rain", I heard "than du" saying to me. The church bells toll again. Just then I notice a young lady (whom I often saw at mass) dash out of her office building and ran. I mean, she ran almost hitting another pedestrian and just ran across the street in front of traffic. Nothing was going to stop her to get to the church and to be with her Lord. Suddenly, it dawned on me, I choose God because I love Him, nothing must stand on my way. I quicken my steps to get to church following the angel that God just sent to lead me "home". How appropriate that today is the feast of the archangels.

Saint Michael the Archangel,
defend us in battle.
Be our protection against the wickedness and snares of the devil.
May God rebuke him, we humbly pray;
and do Thou, O Prince of the Heavenly Host -
by the Divine Power of God -
cast into hell, satan and all the evil spirits,
who roam throughout the world seeking the ruin of souls.
Amen.

God bless,
Khánh

No comments:

Post a Comment