Thursday, September 3, 2009

Yvonne: I will always remember this S.E.E.D. retreat



Wow! This was the first time that I have ever been to a S.E.E.D. retreat and it was AWESOME!! At first I thought it would boring! When I got there it was a whole different story…………………

First I would like to thank my parents for taking me to Pennsylvania and for preparing for this trip for me. I would also like to thank the S.E.E.D. leaders for sacrificing their time to watch and play with us. A very important person I need to thank is God. God was the one who was always there for me when I needed it. He told me that S.E.E.D. would be very important in my life. Without him I am nothing, because he is my life, soul and heart.

Everything at S.E.E.D. was perfect! The leaders and the parents had everything very well planed for us! The games were great and relate to God and education. The songs and chants were cool! And the mirror and T- shirts were fantastic! My favorite game was the scavenger hunt and the water balloon toss. My favorite song/chant was Jig-A-Low and Pharaoh, Pharaoh! In the scavenger hunt game my favorite was the playing the demon face game! I also enjoyed the smores and the bonfire because I love music and we sang a lot of songs during the bonfire. The song Here I Am and You are My All in All were my favorite and touched my heart because the words were so strong and beautiful, at that moment I knew God was with me!

I learned many things from this retreat. In the water balloon game we each had partners. As we got farther and farther it became harder to catch the balloon. The lesson in that game was to stay close to God so it would be easier to talk to him and listen to him. I also learned that God can be anybody that you see. He could be a poor beggar or your brother and sister. S.E.E.D. has made me a smarter person!

When I walked out of M.I.C. I knew I was a different person. I was more intelligent, understanding, and caring than when I first entered M.I.C. I grew a lot closer to God too. If we had more S.E.E.D. retreats then I will learn more and grow closer to God. I will always remember this S.E.E.D. retreat and would love to participate in another!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Search Embark Experience Developed

Yvonne Nguyen Age 10
GDTT, Worcester, MA


1 comment:

  1. Yvonne, what a beautiful testimony of God's love and grace at work in your life. Thank you so much for sharing it with us. I pray that others will be able to open their hearts to him and let him into their hearts just as you've allowed Jesus to entered your heart. God Bless sweetie!

    NT - FW, TX

    ReplyDelete