Monday, September 7, 2009

Cha Tri Dinh: Prayer Locket & Blog


Các anh chị và các bạn trong gia đình ĐH mến,

Em xin gửi đến mọi người email này, nhưng xin gửi bằng tiếng Anh để
mọi người dễ đọc qua email. Nếu phối ngẫu của anh chị không nhận
được email vì em không có emails, thì em xin anh chị forward giùm:

Three days ago I arrived in the Philippines. The first thing I did
when boarding the plane to Manila (even before latching my seat belt)
was to put on the prayer locket. It contains over 900 names of people
I will pray for everyday, beginning today. Your name is among those
inscribed on a scroll inside the locket (see the attachments). Every
day, as part of the morning offering, I will pin the prayer locket on
my shirt and pray for you.

The practice of lifting each of you up to God in prayer is inspired
from Saint Francis Xavier, who kept the names of the first 9 Jesuit
brothers, written on pieces of paper, in a leather pouch on his chest
when he departed to spread the faith in Asia. He prayed for them
daily. That pouch was buried with him when he died. This daily habit
kept him united in prayer and mission with his brothers across the
Pacific Ocean.

I deeply sense that wherever God takes me next, it will involve many
of you through whom God’s love and call have been revealed to me in
very real and heart-felt ways. I cannot but begin my Tertainship
adventure in Asia building on grace … growing in grace … on God’s love
and friendship through you.

For those of you who want to know details, I will be undertaking my
formal training with the Jesuits through the Tertainship Program. This
formative experience consists of three parts: making the 30 days
Silent Retreat called the Spiritual Exercises; studying in-depth the
Jesuit Constitutions & spirit, and serving the poor and marginalized,
all the while building a close community among the 10 of us Jesuit
participants. Thus, Tertainship can be considered a spiritual
sabbatical where I will be “wasting” a lot of time with Jesus.

I will share some of my experiences online through the blog:
http://www.tdinhsj.com/ as well as “tweet” occasionally through
http://twitter.com/tdinhsj, for those who are interested.

I leave you a quote adapted from Daniel Berrigan SJ with the prayer
that you may also embrace your own growth in grace:

“The beautiful moments with you cannot be lived again,
but they are compounded in my own flesh and spirit,
and I take them in full measure toward whatever lies ahead,
in gratitude and trust for the gift of each of you
and the imprints of love you have left in my heart -
tình Chúa qua tình người.”

With deep gratitude and united in prayer,
mTri sj

t.b. – Special thanks to Hoang-Dung & those of you who wrote on the
journal that I will use on the 30-day Spiritual Exercises silent
retreat.

--
Live fully each moment as a response to love.

PO Box 257, UP Post Office
1144 Quezon City, Philippines
(63 2) 426 6101 (h)
(858) 848-5059 (Google voice)

No comments:

Post a Comment