Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Alan Phung: I had a blast at the S.E.E.D retreat!



This is my first time ever to attend the S.E.E.D retreat at MIC in Pennsylvania , It was awesome!!! I had a great time and learned a lot of things about my special gifts that GOD has given me, and the relationship we have with him, etc… It was a wonderful experience mentally and physically in spiritual way that touched my heart so deeply.

I meet lots of other kids at my age and had a blast with them. They’re kind and playful; we became friend with the same desire of Search, Embark, Experience and Developed in our own gift and talents because I know every one is special and unique in GOD eyes and in his love.

The retreat leaders are so wonderful; they were very patient and generous with us. I was touched when they sacrified their time to help us kids out with their busy schedule and a full of heart. They were also very helpful with the activities and, they taught us with fun technique and understandable way. I think GOD and I had a better relationship after the S.E.E.D retreat because the leaders helped us to understand him better through their teachings. I understand now that GOD isn’t just a BIG MAN in the sky, although he could be, but he’s our friend, that we can trust and say our problems to him, that no matter what’s too little or too big he can handle it all. He’ll always love us!

The entertainment night was fun with many different skits that involved with lessons. They were Ninja Turtles (retreat leaders) I learned to listen to others and be there for friend in need, the Angles (Parents) I learned in-depth about the commandment “Thu shall not kill” by excepting and deal with problem, the Dinosaurs (retreatants) I learned to be humble, the Puppy, the Frogs, last but not least the Elephants (younger kids) I learned to have fun and thanks GOD for his creation, and excepting us the way we are. I also have a great time at the Bonfires.

I learned many new worship songs that were fun by using actions and movements from the retreat leaders taught us, it show how kind and active they were to us in many way. I also like an activity when all retreatants had to write something good to everyone in the group, it show that we recognized everyone’s gift and talent. I was surprised to receive many leafs with my ability that I can full fill from the group, the retreat leaders and my mom. Especially, the personal letter that father Quoc Anh and my mom wrote to me it means a lot and I had a great feeling after read them all. Also, the retreat leaders has left something in my heart by knowing that S.E.E.D isn’t just a day or two, but is a journey to following GOD will.

Thanks to the parents for supporting and helping to organize the entire retreat, and to make everything is possible for us to have S.E.E.D in our life, because like the saying goes, “You can tell a lot about a person from their parents.” I also thanks to the retreat leaders for saying YES and being with us for the whole weekend, I really enjoyed of knowing each and everyone of you who has left a foot print in my heart!

I had a blast at the S.E.E.D retreat and I hope we can do it again!!!!!!

Alan Phung, 11
GDTT, Worcester , MA

No comments:

Post a Comment