Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Hello S.E.E.D. Retreat Leaders!



I just wanted to say that I really really enjoyed the retreat. Considering all the time, effort and everything else, I think you've done a great job. All the songs and dancing, the bonfire, the sharing, the games and activities were really fun. I especially loved the water balloons, the scavenger hunt, Jig-A-Low (not sure of the spelling) and the bonfire. I think just about all the retreatants I've talked to afterwards had given a postive response to S.E.E.D. This is the first annual S.E.E.D. so I think it's been very effective. The only thing that might have disappointed me was the Entertainment Night because I felt it could've had more great shows etc. Plus this year, we were split into groups and rarely got to discuss topics with the other groups. I know that when we were singing and dancing, we were doing in a big group. But when we were sharing and doing the activities, we were doing in small groups. I'm not sure if it's better as a whole big group or in smaller groups like this year's. And, I know that sometimes some people are like lazy and don't want to do anything and not participate, but I'm sure that a positive attitude will encourage all of them. I'm sure that you enjoyed the retreat too, right? And since the M.I.C. will be shutting down this year, do you have any idea where next year's retreat will be? As long as you keep the firm mindset and exciting games, I'm sure next year will be a smashing success.

Keep up the great work!!!!!!

Alphonse
Worcester, MA

1 comment:

  1. Hi Alphonse,

    It was great working with you and I'm sure all the leaders will agree with me when I say "We're so happy you enjoyed the retreat because we did too"!

    Alphonse, thank you for all your comments and suggestions. We will make sure to continue to incorporate your ideas into next year retreat. Two things I want to respond to you are.....

    -Entertainment night: I fully agree with you, it would have been more fun with more skits. Do you have any suggestion for how we can incorporate more skits into next year? how should we split up the group? Did you like the topic we gave for the skits? if not, what other topics would you like?

    -Big group sharing: We will definitely keep this in mind when we plan next year retreat. As for this year retreat, at first we started with lots of big group activities...however; as we got to know more of your friends, we realized that the majority of the retreatants have an easier time opening up in small families. After reading your email however....I realized that maybe we should have encouraged it a bit more and like you said...once they see some of their friends speak up, they will too. Thank you for this observation and suggestion.

    peace,
    Chi Namphuong/ Cun

    ReplyDelete