Sunday, September 6, 2009

Lina Nguyen: The S.E.E.D retreat was Fantastic!!!!



One day it was a nice day, I was enjoying my reading until I heard the phone ringing (ringing). I went up to pick the phone. It was my aunt (Di Huong). I answer, “Hello Di Huong, how are you?”

“Good, Lina. I have a question for you. Do you want to go to a SEED retreat?”

In my head I was thinking there will be little children will be at retreat because my cousins Yvonne and Ben they are smaller than me. I am now 15 years old. Basically I am High school student there might not be another high school student be there too. I thinking I might be a good help at the retreat because I am reliable to help out around like cleaning, watching children and much more. Then I ask my aunt, “Where the retreat taking place?”

“It will taking place in Pennsylvania.”

Wow, a long road trip. I might be very cranky at the end of the trip. Then I handed the phone to my mom and they talked. I was thinking that it will be fun for my little sister because there will be others same age of her. Also it still summer vacation and I have one more week until I go back to school. I said, “Let do it!” I know my brother will not be happy to go but we will be with my cousins and there will be food in the car that makes him happy.

On the day we arrived to MIC (Mary Immaculate Center). I was shock that how beautiful the landscape were. When I enter MIC, I was even more shock how wonderful MIC were. I am so grateful to stay at MIC. It is really sad that MIC will close down in the few days.

On the first day I finished dinner then enter a room. The room set up as a class room. It has a chalk board, chairs and desks. In the room have familiar faces that I met before. I say hello to them and start to drawing on the board like the other children. Then Chi Chau came in. She says, “How is everyone doing.”

“We are doing fine.” She came right up to me and Alphonse and asks us to read for the Mass. I never read in front of large numbers of an adult before. I can’t see small words when I am so nervous. I was shaken in my shoes. When I finish reading, I think I did pretty well. The nervousness went away in ten minutes. I never felt so nervous since I say speeches in front of the student body. I hope I get rid of stage fright.

After Mass, everyone get to meet the leaders. All the leaders have great glow on their faces that they are here to teach us and having fun. They are funny, excellent, and fantastic to be around with. They adults, who child inside, has came out and play with us. They has wonderful ideas to plans all this for us to learn in three days. The leaders and our parent work hard to plain all this out. It is wonderful, how been plan on, where the event take place, and put effort to it. I really enjoy seeing the parents also have fun too. They get involved in the activities. I never knew parent ‘Can get down as your bad self.’ They really can dance!! If I around a lot of high student they think it will be so embarrassing, but it is not, every parent was dancing and it is fun too. I am glad to see the parent get involve even Cha Quoc Anh can really dance.

During the seed retreat I made a friend her name is Annie (Thu). She is one year younger than me. We can connect each other because we close to age. She is special, creative and she love comic/anime just like me. At the seed retreat we get to know each other. We all have different gifts. God creative us in special ways, I learn that I am a special gift that God creative. I am reliable person help people in many different ways. I have learned other people gifts like Alan are creative, very intelligent and he is a live saver because he helps people out.


I like the games that the leaders plan out. The body game, it was very hard to feeding the mouth. We get to learn that we can’t do it alone. We always need someone to lean on. There so many games that has a lesson to it. My favorite lesson is God is. People have different image of God. My image of God is He is my parent, is a teacher, someone who cares for me, someone who protects me from harm. I learn others has different image. Some say God is love. God is my teacher who teaches me to love and caring. God is the sun set on the beach. God is a hero who protects our country. God is a little seed that grow in a beautiful flower. God appear in everyone around us. Like your parent, your grandparent, your teacher, your neighbor, your pastors, your friends and everyone that you met in life. God is always with you.

I like this retreat so much!! In the end, I got to made friend. Get to know each others. I have nice time. I would like to thank my aunt and uncle who drive and invited us to the retreat. This retreat made even closer to God. Thanks Mom and Dad who let me go to this retreat and thanks leaders who have plan all this. The retreat was fun and wonderful. I would like to go again next year.

Lina Nguyen, 15
GDTT, Worcester, MA

No comments:

Post a Comment