Monday, January 21, 2013

BPV conference - Tammy's reflection

Dear ACE Dong Hanh,

I was looking forward to this national gathering months before. When I didn't get the invitation in email, I was disappointed, but found it in my junk mail. It started out cold and Phuong and I had an adventure picking up anh Liem and chi Lien. After hearing about the crack tire and how we made it back to OC in one piece, I knew that God was definitely watching over us and continued to be with us throughout the weekend. First night, I had previously promised to visit the orphanage and was torn to stay or go. I decided to go to the orphanage blind with a dead phone, no address. I put my trust in God and he delivered me safely to my destination. Upon coming back and entering mid mass, I felt warm and a desire for the Eucharist. I was glad I was able to make it to mass with Dong Hanh at large family.

During the gathering I was thrilled to see so many familiar faces. I always feel a homecoming and welcomed amongst my Dong Hanh family. I was surprised on the little turn out from the youth and young adult, but it was important that I was there because my heart was there. There was delicious healthy food, many good talks, smiles, laughter, tears. My highlight was when I came up to present and everyone called me "Lady in Red" and it went a little crazy like it usually does to break up the ice. The spirit was definitely with me and when the talks got too prolonged, myself and fellow youths started to make our way slowly to the back for some snacks/break.

I enjoyed the breakout group and was moved to Lightworks matters, the people I brainstormed with truly had a desire to develop the area and I was inspired. Overall, I enjoyed breaking meals, bread, and continuing to dream with Dong Hanh. It was great having the Saturday dinner and singing "Happy Birthday Nobody!" was a riot. I thoroughly enjoyed Sunday's mass with many more faces the lunch was great and got a chance to bond with fellow youngins. Closing with a sophisticated and fancy dinner at Chi Phuong Ha's home was nice, overall and very smooth weekend filled with dreams into reality, laughter, jokes, singing, praising, a true homecoming for a lost soul like myself. Thank you for allowing me to journey with such saintly folks. I love Dong Hang. Carus for life Open-mouth smile

Thanks for reading and chuc mung nam moi. Nam nay Tammy chuc cac anh chi lam anh phat tai cho tien lai Dong HanhParty smile lol Rolling on the floor laughingHappy new years and may God continue to share his heaven on Earth with us.

Love,
Tammy

No comments:

Post a Comment