Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Ignatian pilgrimage and WYD - Hoàng Dung's Journal (1)

My first journal on the way to Spain.

So, here I am, on the plane from Brussels to Bilbao, Spain! It's 3:25am CT. Listening to "from the inside out". Boy, that plane ride from Montreal to .Brussels went by pretty fast. Watched one movie: Just go with it. Quiet funny. Then I slept, tried to sleep for about 30-45 mins bf I actually slept. Mayb 3hrs total? Then we took our time deplaning, went out the gate, then realized we didn't have the connecting flight info, went back into the gate and the lady told us to hurry bc it was in a diff terminal! Omg!! Boarding started at 9:10 and it was already 9;10. So, we rushed to a line and realized it was the custom line...oh boy. We waited about 7 mins? Then rushed to thenext line...Security ckpoint! OH man, I had to throw away my unopened bottle of water. What a waste! But, we made it thru in no time, then we ran to the three flights of escalators, walked down them, running in btw them, and ran all the way to the gate, two walkway lengths. When we arrived at the gate, there was still a line! Whew! we were the last ones. Thank u God! Then I noticec something sticky on my finger and handle of my luggage. I looked down to see blood. My blood. My finger got cut somehow during this Mad rush to our gate. wow. So, luckily I stashed bandages in the outer pocket of the backpack. Immediately took one out and TS bandaged my finger. Stings a little. It was bleeding a lot. Sill stings.
We had to take a bus to the airplane. Since we were the last ones on the bus, we were the first ones on the plane. Hehe. It was cloudy and cool in Brussels. looked not very pretty and inviting but, once we were airborne above the clouds...it was beautiful. Sun shining hot! Bright. Layer of clouds covering this part of the earth. No matter how gloomy or cloudy ur part of the world may look, just remember, the Son is there, behind those clouds, to welcome u with warmth and Love, make ur feel alive and smiling again.
While announcing the normal safety procedures, they spoke 4 diff languages. Wow. Begium, french, English, Spanish. And when they announced it was time for snacks, I took a look at the menu and to my amazement, the coke 33ml, reg 12oz? 2,50 euros!! Nothing was free...hehe. I laughed to myself. tSWas closing his eyes, half awake,half asleep, said, get me a drink. I showed him the menu and he said, never mind. Hehe. So, here we are. I should sleep. 2 hrs long this flight. Arrive at Bilbao at 11:45am local time, 4:45am CT. I am sleepy so I'm gonna say See u in the nxt journal entry! I am still in awe that we are actually on our way to Spain and WYD! I am soooo grateful for this moment and this gift from God to be able to go and experience this. I'm already feeling so much grace. Praying that the boys are well behaved and sleep okay...we"ll call them when we settle in Bilbao.

Gn! Or good morning.
-traveler of God in Grace.
Hoàng Dung

Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment