Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Pittsburgh: Broken as shared bread to enrich and build a stronger CLC body

First of all, I feel honored being asked to come again to LA2011. I am so thankful for all the discernment and sending process we had before going to Pittsburgh. Looking back, being sent to LA2010 on behalf of BPV TayNam was the first step to open me to the big picture of DH, of CLC, and of our apostolic body. Going to LA2011, I see the importance of this re-structure process and applaud the vision of the Organic Body. Anh Liem gives such lively explanation of how all the components of the body come together to support and give life. I could feel how the idea gives everyone the sense of unity and hope. It helps prepare us for open-mind and open-heart before we journey together through the assembly.


When everyone breaks into small group for first sharing session on Thursday night, I see that everyone come with open mind and open heart to share about the brokenness in their communities, about their fears and concerns. This is when I truly appreciate our DH discerning and sending process. I remember chi. Mong Hang words at the last conference call reminding us to actively listen, to care for others, not just concentrate on our own needs, and see how well we has been prepared before coming to the assembly.

I would say the most consolation as well as desolation moment I had was on Friday night when DH members sat together to evaluate the day. I remember we were talking about how DH is entering a new pace where we accept to be broken as the shared bread to enrich and build a stronger CLC body, and that we need to prepare our DH members to become committed members. We talk about how things would be in several years from now. We mentioned bylaws and touch base on who would be considered a member. This is the moment I relate to John 13:1 “when Jesus knew that his hour was come that he should depart out of this world unto the Father, having loved his own which were in the world, he loved them unto the end” …for me DH as a whole not only consists of committed members who are fully formatted, but also include elders who take “đọc kinh” as their main activity, cross all ages to the children whose main activities are singing and learning to pray with bible. What program or plan do we have for these members? How could we love them and take care of them to the end?

I remember being at the table of my sharing group on Saturday morning, sharing our thought about the proposed structure and discuss about governance, about what should be changed so that NCC adequately represent CLC-USA members. I was so touched seeing how other CLC-USA members listen to our concerns and take action to make sure every minority groups, especially our DH, is adequately represented.

It is still early yet for me to say how new structure would effect CLC as a whole. I however have an optimistic feeling about it.

What remain in me is this mix of happy and sadness feeling that I am trying to process and sort it out. I am happy seeing how all the assembly members willing to work toward building a unity CLC-USA.

Em vui sướng thấy ĐH lớn mạnh và hội nhập vào cộng đoàn tông đồ CLC-USA. Em thấy cộng đoàn mình đang được hướng dẫn trong ân sủng. Cùng lúc đó, em cảm nhận nỗi đau của một hạt lúa phải mục nát để cây lúa được trổ mầm và đơm bông. Em thấy thương những anh chị em trong gia đình ĐH đang bước qua giai đoạn cắt tiả và uốn nắn. Và em thấy mình đang rất cần tình thương và sự hợp tác của mọi người.

Lê Kim Yến



No comments:

Post a Comment